How to create a Truster Account from a Federated Account for AWS with Leapp
NOTE: to create a chained session you either need a Federated, Plain, or SSO session first.
If this is your first time accessing Leapp please follow this guide.
1. From your quick list click on the "+" button located on the top-right corner of the app
You'll be presented with the Provider Selection screen:
2. Choose "AWS" as a Cloud Provider, then you'll be presented with the Access Method selection screen:
Select "IAM Chained Role" as the Access Strategy.
3. As the last screen you'll be presented with the actual account creation screen:
- AWS Profile: here you can select (ora add by writing and pressing ENTER) a named profile to use for this credential set, base one is "default"
- Session Alias: choose a unique name suitable to recognize the Access Method.
- Region: the region to start this credential set into once the section is active. You can always add a default one from option panel
- Role ARN: Write the role ARN of the chained role you want to assume inside your AWS Account.
- Role Session Name: Optional Role Session Name to apply to the chained session. Defaults to
- Assumer Session: any eligible session that you can use to start your chained session.
Finally press Save.